KAFDOC works closely with the disadvantaged population, children’s groups, women and farmers.
Our mission is to improve living conditions through the active participation of target groups in sustainable natural resources management, quality education improvement, income generation activities, health care, good governance processes, disaster risk management, children’s rights, gender promotion, community based ecotourism and increased agricultural production.
Ensuring equal rights and opportunities for disadvantaged groups, women, children and communities through effective and sustainable natural resource management, agriculture productivity, good governance, basic education and female representation in politics.
“Changing the Lives of Vulnerable Cambodian Communities”
- Build capacity and support CBOs (Community Based Organizations) to improve their standard of living, particularly people who are living in rural areas. The objective is to strengthen and organize community ownership towards sustainable communities and to ensure that their rights will be promoted in suitable conditions.
- Improve awareness of target groups, especially women about land law application, natural resources management, women in leadership, empowerment, gender concepts, centralization and decentralization and good governance.
- Strengthen the organizational capacity and self-sufficiency of target groups through technical support on how to raise livestock and home gardening in order to increase their income using internal natural resources.
- Give target groups the tools to be able to express their concerns, to advocate for better service delivery, to practice effective procedures at local level, and to promote sustainable community development.
- Work in collaboration with local and international organizations, government agencies and relevant institutions to achieve our goals, by furthering our partnership relations and participation in local and national networks.